Engagement in your Facebook groups is so important to keeping them alive and active. Here are some of our recommendations for keeping your group active.
1. Post often. A active group should have a minimum of 3 posts a day. Once your group s active it will continuously show up in the notification feed of the members and be considered an “hot” or “active” group by members.
2. Have rules. A great group should have rules. Unless the purpose of the group is to post links to products, there should be a rule of no promotions of products. It’s so annoying to be in groups where people just post links to the MLM’s they are in or the affiliate product they are promoting that day. Don’t tolerate garbage posting, promotions, etc.
3. Have moderators. Delete posts, people and spam! You will be the groups #1 moderator – but find other active members who would love the power of being a moderator. Set out clear expectations of what you would like moderators to do, and let the group know who the moderators are and why they are there.
4. Deliver Value. Whatever the mission is of your group, please make sure you deliver value to them. Don’t use it as a place to just promote your stuff, people will leave! Use it as a place of knowledge exchange and value!
5. Encourage engagement. When people post in the group, reply to their comments, like their comments, ask questions, create a poll… in the video below I will show you how to create a poll in your Facebook group. Watch it!