Now that you know you can find people to outsource your tasks and projects to (and we’ll cover this more in-depth in part 3) and you know that you can even have a full time person on your team for a very affordable price, lets look at some of the things you can outsource.
Handwritten Thank You Cards
One year we wanted to send out thank you cards to every affiliate and customer in our business. The list was so large that we didn’t want to do it myself and knew we wouldn’t get it done - so we posted a job on www.elance.com for someone to write cards.
Those that applied scanned in handwriting samples, and we picked the one that we liked the best. Next, we bought cards in bulk from a site called http://www.dollardays.com/, and shipped those over to her along with stamps and an excel sheet of people to send cards to and whala! People had handwritten cards arriving in their mailbox, and we got lots of “Thank You’s” for taking the time to send them
Welcome Calls to Clients
The purpose of the calls were to give a friendly Welcome call, explain the program to them again and what they can expect and where they can go for support.
In addition to the Welcome call, we also had her do “check-in” calls at specific times during the program to ensure the clients were progressing and happy with the program.
When doing a project like this, you can hire the person on a per call basis, therefore you don’t have to spend the extra money for a full time person.
So, when you are looking to outsource, you can look at it in two different ways
1 – How can you use outsourcing to grow your business?
2 – How can you use outsourcing to stand apart from your competition?
Now lets look at some other tasks that you can outsource….
63 Tasks That You Can Outsource To Help Free Up Your Time to Grow Your Business For Maximum Profits
1. Target market, obtain a list of companies or individuals, prepare and e-mail/mail preliminary materials.
2. Possible advertising alternatives.
3. Software options: make sure of the compatibility, pricing and accessibility.
4. Quotes for conference facilities.
5. Project schemes and manage the projects from start to finish.
6. New office equipments and supplies and arrange the purchase.
7. Upload blogs and monitor comments.
8. Suggest social media content ideas.
9. Update Twitter profile and followers.
10. Create a Facebook Fan Page for the business.
11. Write or revise endorsement articles and post online.
12. Produce and uphold online contests and giveaways.
13. Research and obtain promotional items.
14. Arrange appointments.
15. Maintain daily calendar.
16. Organize travel reservations.
17. Check voice mail, take action to routing requests and get in touch with clients that have significant messages.
18. Confirm sales for the week.
19. Complete routine paperwork each day.
20. Duplicate files of the computer for safe-keeping and back-up.
21. Order office supplies.
HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICES
22. Coordinate the hiring of office staff, from writing the announcement, placing the ad, receiving and reviewing resumes, and conducting the initial interviews.
23. Update client to have the annual performance reviews.
24. Confirm references on employment applications.
25. Create quarterly and annual payroll forms.
26. Make tax deposits after each pay period.
27. Transcribe recordings.
28. Transcribe tele-class recordings and email to all participants.
29. Take transcript over the phone, transcribe and prepare the message.
30. Pay online bills and invoices regularly.
31. Settle bank accounts using accounting software on a regular basis.
32. Update clients of impending bill due dates.
33. Prepare and send invoices.
34. Create expenditure reports.
35. Follow up through phone to collect on past due charges.
36. Mail past due notices.
WORD PROCESSING & PRESENTATIONS
37. Produce and set up employee and project manuals.
38. Organize survey to get responses regarding customer satisfaction.
39. Organize survey and tally the outcome following an event.
40. Create a PowerPoint presentation with an outline of diagrams and charts.
41. Encode handwritten meeting notes or minutes.
42. Type, edit, print and send messages on client letterhead.
43. Layout and check reports and documents.
44. Check website traffic, ad placements and suggest modifications.
45. Process subscription requests.
46. Make adjustments to update client website.
47. Sort incoming e-mails.
48. Reply to routing requests.
49. Forward important items.
50. Update e-mail while client is on vacation or on business trip.
51. Update the client on how to utilize their email software program effectively.
52. Collect and review postal mail.
53. Process, prepare and mail orders.
DATA PROCESSING & DATABASE MANAGEMENT
54. Send proposal letters to new potential clients.
55. Send standard marketing resources.
56. Update marketing program for results and alterations.
57. Confirm database via phone prior to arranging a direct mailing campaign.
58. Encode collected business cards into the in-house database.
59. Design & prepare membership certificates.
60. Design and prepare flyers and handouts.
61. Design and print or order business cards.
62. Design and print brochures.
63. Prepare and send a periodical newsletter with client-provided materials.
This list is courtesy of:
P.S. Of course any of these tasks that you outsource to your virtual assistant… you could offer that same service to your clients and your virtual assistant performs the service for the client on your behalf!